Subject: [BEHAVE] TCP connection acceptance with TCP + STUN Relay

From: Lloyd Hilaiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:00:51 -0800

I know drafts are in a state of flux at the moment, so I hope this question
is relevant...

in draft-ietf-behave-turn-02.txt:

13.1.1  TCP Processing

   If a server receives a TCP connection request on an allocated TCP
   transport address, it checks the permissions associated with that
   allocation.  If the source IP address of the TCP SYN packet match one
   of the permissions, the TCP connection is accepted.  Otherwise, it is
   rejected.

What does rejected mean in this sense?  I'm assuming that it means the 
SYN is dropped and NOT that a RST is sent?  Meaning the peer will continue
sending SYN packets until connection timeout is hit? 

The reason I assume this behavior is because there's no connection retry
logic in draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp-02.txt.  And in the case where the 
offerer (and relay _client_) allocates relay addresses, the answerer
(and relay _peer_) may initiate tcp connections toward these relay
addresses before the offerer opens permissions via send indications.

?

best,
lloyd

-- 
[email-masked] | serving to Internet
         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/values/

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave