Subject: [BEHAVE] RTCP with TURN

From: Vikram Bhuskute <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:09:00 +0530

Hi All,
       As RTP streaming is required at run time "Set Active destination"
will be set for RTP IP/PORT. Then is it assumed that all the RTCP
traffic will be inside "Send Indication" Only ? It it correct ?

Another question how many allocation a client can ask for 
(I guess at least 2 is needed for RTP+RTCP)

regards

Vikram

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: "Mayank Dev Sondhi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:56:57 +0530

Since RTP and RTCP would be using 2 separate ports, I would hazard that
Allocations would be separate. Since bindings are decided by the combination
source IP address port and destination IP address and port(this would be
different for RTP and RTCP) Set Active Destination can be applied for both
the routes/channels.

RTP->IP address X Port Y ->Allocation on STUN relay server->Destination IP
:port->RTP
RTCP->IP address X Port Y1 ->Allocation on STUN relay server->Destination IP
:port->RTCP

RTP->IP address X Port Y ->SAD on STUN server->Destination IP :port M->RTP
RTCP->IP address X Port Y1 ->SAD on STUN server->Destination IP :port
M1->RTCP

Since Y and Y1 and presumably M and M1 are different(assuming no
multiplexing of RTP and RTCP), the SADs would be on 2 separate channels in
the STUN server.

I hope this was clear, I omitted some details for brevity and would ask you
to refer to the document for further clarification.

Mayank