Subject: [BEHAVE] My apologies to the BEHAVE working group on rfc3489bis-06

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:40:26 -0500

As folks have already pointed out, rfc3489bis-06 is only slightly 
different than -05. The only substantive change was to fix the egregious 
bitfield error in the diagrams.

For this, I have to apologize. Tons of comments were made on bis-05, 
some of them now months old, and I have not yet gotten to them. The fact 
is that some changes at my day-job ate seriously into IETF time, and I 
was not able to get to this in a proper way. I had only time for major, 
major work on one draft, and I chose to allocate that time to ICE 
instead of rfc3489bis.

I am planning to dedicate time this coming week to rfc3489bis, and begin 
to incorporate comments into a working -07 which I will make available 
on my site. I hope to have at least some portion of the comments 
incorporated into that -07 so that there is demonstrable progress on 
this document.

It would be IMMENSELY helpful to me, if those who have already made 
comments that I have not addressed, can separate out of their comments 
anything which is a protocol error, bug, inconsistency in the spec or an 
open issue you feel needs to be discussed, and send that to me privately 
or to the list at your discretion. One of the problems is that there are 
probably close to 500 or so comments in the various emails, and this is 
a staggering piece of work that is hard to attack. By having folks raise 
the big issues to the top it will help, and I can immediately address 
those in the working -07. I'd asked folks to really be conservative here 
and escalate whats really important.

Thanks and my apologies,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave