Subject: [BEHAVE] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-11

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:26:24 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-11.txt has been successfuly submitted by Jonathan Rosenberg and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis
Revision:	 11
Title:		 Session Traversal Utilities for (NAT) (STUN)
Creation_date:	 2007-10-11
WG ID:		 behave
Number_of_pages: 44

Abstract:
Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) is a protocol that serves
as a tool for other protocols in dealing with NAT traversal.  It can
be used by an endpoint to determine the IP address and port allocated
to it by a NAT.  It can also be used to check connectivity between
two endpoints, and as a keep-alive protocol to maintain NAT bindings.
STUN works with many existing NATs, and does not require any special
behavior from them.

STUN is not a NAT traversal solution by itself.  Rather, it is a tool
to be used in the context of a NAT traversal solution.  This is an
important change from the previous version of this specification (RFC
3489), which presented STUN as a complete solution.

This document obsoletes RFC 3489.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave