Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:15:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extensions for TCP Allocations
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, R. Mahy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-11-13
	
   This specification defines an extension of Traversal Using Relays
   around NAT (TURN), a relay protocol for NAT traversal, to allows a
   TURN client to request TCP allocations, and defines new requests and
   indications for the TURN server to open and accept and manage TCP
   connection with the client's peers.  TURN and this extension both
   purposefully restricts the ways in which the relayed address can be
   used.  In particular, it prevents users from running general purpose
   servers from ports obtained from the STUN server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-tcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:07:26 -0800

In section 9.1, the value for the Connect transaction is 0x007 but in
turn-04 Connect is defined as 0x005 and the Data indication as 0x007.
Also Connect Status is now 0x009 but was 0x008 in turn-04 (Listen
Permission is now 0x008).

It would be simpler to keep the same values, i.e.:

0x005: Connect
0x006: Send
0x007: Data
0x008: Connect Status
0x009: Listen Permission

Thanks.

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin           [                                 ]
Home: [email-masked] [RFC1855-compliant space for rent ]
Work: [email-masked]            [                                 ]
[                                                               ]

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:09:10 -0500

OK, I will reflect this in TURN. Note that it will be inconsistent with 
turn-tcp (which will need to be fixed) until the blackout period lifts.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:07:23 +0200

Le Tuesday 13 November 2007 22:15:01 ext [email-masked], vous avez 
> Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

Some minor comments:

* I feel 445 should get a more generic "name" - something like "Transport 
protocol mismatch". After all, someone may define TURN for other transports 
that UDP and TCP (SCTP and DCCP being the obvious candidates there).

* It would probably not hurt to write down explicitly whether or not the port 
number in the REMOTE-ADDRESS attribute is taken into account for incoming 
connections. I suppose it's only taken into account for active connection, so 
that we can use TURN to chat with peers behind symmetric NATs.

* On the CONNECT-STAT, we need to clarify whether half-closed connections are 
ESTABLISHED or CLOSED, either ways. For instance, I think it's valid to 
half-close a FTP DATA connection in the unused direction.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont