Subject: [BEHAVE] updated rfc3489bis

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:59:46 -0500

I've just submitted an updated rfc3489bis:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-12.txt

this incorporates comments from Magnus's review, gen-art and DNS 
directorate reviews. Changes are:

* provided definition of RTO

* added bitfield numbers in Figure 1

* clarified that STUN is not designed to work in cases where a request
   is under the MTU but the response will be larger.

* mentioned that CHANGED-ADDRESS has also been removed from this spec
   (it was omitted from the list)

* clarified that, xor-mapped-address for v6 is computed by xoring
   mapped address with the CONCATENATION of the cookie and transaction
   ID (previously, it did not state that concatenation was happening)

* added reference to RFC3629 for UTF-8

* added reference to MD5 spec (RFC 1321)

* clarified that SRV domain names should not be hard coded

* aligned client and server terminology with common industry practice.
Based on this, either clients or servers can send indications.

* changed SRV usage for tls to be _stuns._tcp.example.com

* requested IANA to change the STUN port name from "nat-stun-port" to "stun"

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Cisco Fellow                                   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave