Subject: [BEHAVE] adopt STUN test vectors?

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:43:48 -0800

We don't have a milestone for STUN test vectors and it probably falls a bit
outside of the as-written charter, but before we try to change those:  is
there interest in adopting Remi's "Test vectors for RFC3489bis",
draft-denis-behave-rfc3489bis-test-vectors-02 as a working group item for
BEHAVE?  It's 6 pages, please skim it:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-denis-behave-rfc3489bis-test-vectors
-02.txt

Before adopting it, I will need to get approval from our ADs to add another
milestone and adjust the charter accordingly.  But I wanted to poll first to
see if we should try doing that.

Thanks,
-d

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: "Pete Cordell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 19:56:45 -0000

Has it been discussed whether the tests vectors could just be added as an
appendix to rfc3489bis?  It would only amount to about 3 pages of extra
text, and other specs, such as UTF-8 and base64 include such test vectors.

BTW - Wikipedia and I think FINGERPRINT should refer Cyclic Redundancy
Check, as opposed to Circular Redundancy Check.

Cheers,

Pete.
--
=============================================
Pete Cordell
Codalogic
http://www.codalogic.com/
=============================================

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:28:36 +0100

Hi,

I have discussed this with my Co-AD Lars and I think we can squeeze this
in without any charter changes. So lets discuss the main question. Is it
a useful enough document that the WG should be responsible to produce it.

Regarding putting that into a STUN appendix that it a bit late as
STUNbis is on the IESG telechat agenda for next week.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Pete Cordell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:00:58 -0000

----- Original Message From: "Magnus Westerlund"

> STUNbis is on the IESG telechat agenda for next week.

The IESG could always make the review comment that the test vectors should 
be added to STUNbis!  That shouldn't delay STUNbis at all.

My concern is that if the test vectors are published as a separate document 
nobody outside of the IETF inner core will ever know about them.

If the document is stand-alone, then I think it should be more 
comprehensive, including error responses, and possibly even mal-formed 
requests etc. etc.

my 2 cents,

Pete Cordell
--
Codalogic
Visit http://www.codalogic.com/
for XSD to C++ data binding

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:34:14 -0800

The SIP Call Flows came out long after the protocol specification and  
turned out to be very helpful for implementors - and people did mange  
to find them. I think it some minimal examples that implementors can  
use to check things are working are almost always a good thing and  
would be in favor of this.

Cullen <with my individual contributer hat on>