Subject: [BEHAVE] Port allocation in TURN

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:55:12 -0800

Between turn-05 and turn-ipv6-03, there is 3 different attributes used
to allocate a port: REQUESTED-PORT-PROPS, REQUESTED-IP and
REQUESTED-ADDRESS-TYPE.

My proposal is to simplify by merging the 3 attributes into one:

 0                   1                   2                   3
 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|0 0 0 0 0 0| A |    Family     |    Specific Port Number       |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|                                                               |
|                 Address (32 bits or 128 bits)                 |
|                                                               |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The six first bits are reserved and must be set to zero.
The two bits labeled A have the same meaning than the A bits in
REQUESTED-PORT-PROPS.
The Family field has the same meaning than the field of same name in
REQUESTED-ADDRESS-TYPE.
The Specific Port Number field has the same meaning than the field of
same name in REQUESTED-PORT-PROPS.
The Address field has the same meaning than the field of same name in
REQUESTED-IP, excepted that a value of all zero means that the server is
free to choose the IP address

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin           [                                 ]
Home: [email-masked] [RFC1855-compliant space for rent ]
Work: [email-masked]            [                                 ]
[                                                               ]

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave