Subject: [BEHAVE] draft-ietf-behave-nat-behavior-discovery-02 submitted

From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:21:03 -0500

I've submitted a new version of NAT Behavior Discovery.  Unfortunately
the automatic submission tool is still having problems with my name,
but in the meantime, Derek and I have made the following changes:

   o  Changed proposed status to experimental

   o  Made significant changes to the introduction and applicability
      statements to reflect the experimental status

   o  Fixed the New Attributes and IANA considerations not listing the
      same attribute numbers.

   o  Removed mandatory shared secret credentials in favor of the option
      of rate limiting or credentials.  Specified that credentials must
      be obtained from the user or parent application.

   o  Made OTHER-ADDRESS and SOURCE-ADDRESS optional to address
      compatibility with 3489bis clients.  Renamed SOURCE-ADDRESS as
      RESPONSE-ORIGIN to avoid conflicts with 3489.

   o  Renamed XOR-RESPONSE-ADDRESS to XOR-RESPONSE-TARGET

   o  Added discussion of FINGERPRINT and ALTERNATE-SERVER for
      compliance with 3489bis stun usage definition requirements.

Filename:          draft-ietf-behave-nat-behavior-discovery
Version:           02
Staging URL:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-ietf-behave-nat-behavior-discovery-02.txt
Title:             NAT Behavior Discovery Using STUN
Creation_date:     2007-11-17
WG ID:             behave
Number_of_pages: 28
Abstract:
This specification defines an experimental usage of the Simple
Traversal Underneath Network Address Translators (NAT) (STUN)
Protocol that discovers the presence and current behaviour of NATs
and firewalls between the STUN client and the STUN server.Requirements Language

Author(s):
Derek MacDonald, [email-masked]
Bruce Lowekamp, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave