Subject: [BEHAVE] draft-ietf-behave-multicast-11: Discuss changes

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:04:03 +0100

Hi,

We this document received a few discusses during when it was with the
IESG. All issues except one was resolved by version 11. However, there
was a major change in adding another requirement.

REQ-7: The NAT MUST NOT forward Local Network Control Block	
       (224.0.0/24) [RFC3171] (also known as "link-local	
       multicast") traffic from its 'inside' interface(s) to its
       'outside' interface.

I want to check that no one in the WG has grief with this change. Please
provide feedback at the latest the 19th of Nov.

There are some more changes that can easily be reviewed in the diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/behave/draft-ietf-behave-multicast/draft-ietf-behave-multicast-11-from-10.diff.html

There is still one issue remaining to be sorted out.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Rémi Denis-Courmont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:59:00 +0200

> provide feedback at the latest the 19th of Nov.

I would rather have grief if we did not have that requirement.
Many applications are using that range for "easy" link-local discovery 
already, and we surely don't want these to leak to the outside. Especially as 
typically they very much are not secured, beyond the link-local assumption.

-- 
Rémi Denis-Courmont

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:32:42 +0100

As you may have seen version 12 has appeared. It resolves the last
remaining issue by updating the following requirement addition (a):

   REQ-5:   A NAT MUST forward IP multicast UDP datagrams from its
            'inside' interface(s) to its 'outside' interface.

            a:  NATs which support the above requirement MUST also
                provide a configuration option to disable this feature.
                Otherwise, a multihomed network would cause duplicate
                instances of the multicast data traffic on the public
                network.

To see all changes compared to 11 there is a diff:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/behave/draft-ietf-behave-multicast/draft-ietf-behave-multicast-12-from-11.diff.html

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:34:43 -0800

> typically they very much are not secured, beyond the link-local  

I agree.

Cullen <with my individual contributor hat on>

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:36:38 -0800

I think this is a good resolution to a very tricky problem. What this  
lacks in good it makes up in being simple.

Cullen (with my individual contributor hat on)

On Nov 9, 2007, at 12:32 AM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/behave/draft-ietf-behave-multicast/draft- 
> ietf-behave-multicast-12-from-11.diff.html
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus
>
>
> Magnus Westerlund skrev:
>> Hi,
>>
>> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/behave/draft-ietf-behave-multicast/draft- 
>> ietf-behave-multicast-11-from-10.diff.html
>>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:52:41 +0100

As there has been only positive feedback for the discuss clearing
changes I will now approve this document.

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund