Subject: [BEHAVE] Transaction lifetime

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:29:18 -0400

In [draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-15], Section 7.3.1, there is the following 
text:

   If the request uses UDP transport and is a retransmission of a
   request for which the server has already generated a success response
   within the last 40 seconds, the server MUST retransmit the same
   success response.  One way for a server to do this is to remember all
   transaction IDs received over UDP and their corresponding responses
   in the last 10 seconds.

So, which one is it? 40 or 10 seconds?
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave

---

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:50:08 -0400

I think the right answer is "40 seconds".

In earlier versions of the draft, the last retransmission timer  
expired in slightly under 10 seconds from the start of the  
transaction. However, during IESG review, the retransmission timers  
were lengthened and by default now expire slightly before 40 seconds.

- Philip