Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] TURN: Are unauthenticated indications and ChannelData msgs a problem?

From: Matthew Kaufman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:00:43 -0700

Phillip:
 > For a TURN candidate, I might consider binding the channel
 > as part of the candidate gathering process. This ensures
 > the binding is completed before the checks start and eliminates
 > any concern about the binding not being ready when sending a
 > connectivity check packet.

For protocols like the one we have developed (that we're planning on 
using TURN with) there is no "candidate gathering process", and so the 
extra round trip required for a channel binding becomes a time penalty 
on each session establishment. We would recommend against removing the 
existing send indication mechanism.

Matthew Kaufman
[email-masked]

ps. Does anyone have an implementation of the latest draft that we can 
test our client against? What we've found so far appears to be at least 
one draft old. We will have very wide distribution when we ship, so we 
would prefer to be as close as possible to the final standard.

pps. I don't seem to be able to subscribe to the mailing list via the 
web or email interface,.. is the approver on vacation or am I doing 
something wrong?

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave