Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action:draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Session Traversal Utilities for (NAT) (STUN)
	Author(s)       : J. Rosenberg, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-16.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2008-07-02

Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) is a protocol that serves
as a tool for other protocols in dealing with NAT traversal.  It can
be used by an endpoint to determine the IP address and port allocated
to it by a NAT.  It can also be used to check connectivity between
two endpoints, and as a keep-alive protocol to maintain NAT bindings.
STUN works with many existing NATs, and does not require any special
behavior from them.

STUN is not a NAT traversal solution by itself.  Rather, it is a tool
to be used in the context of a NAT traversal solution.  This is an
important change from the previous version of this specification (RFC
3489), which presented STUN as a complete solution.

This document obsoletes RFC 3489.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-16.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave