Subject: [BEHAVE] Some TURN-09 comments

From: "Benny Prijono" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:10:32 +0100

Hi,

Some minor comments.

- SOFTWARE-TYPE attribute
  The attribute name is inconsistent with rfc3489bis-18, which calls it with
just SOFTWARE. On the other hand,
http://www.employees.org/behave/stun-attributes.html also calls it
SOFTWARE-TYPE, so I'm not sure which one should be fixed.

- ICMP attribute code number
  The code number is 0x0030, which is not wrong, but IMO it'll be better to
change it to 0x002a since this slot is free. The reason is because
implementors (or at least me) like to implement the attribute descriptors as
an array, and with 0x0030 there is an wasted gap from 0x002a to 0x002f. Not
a big deal, but there's no reason to waste space either, and IMO it's not
too late to change it.

- I think the Note in Section 6.2 (page 20/21) about server remembering last
error response is not necessary. The rfc3489bis-18 already says that server
SHOULD retransmit last error response. And in fact the text in that Note
that says:

 "Server implementors MAY elect to prevent this second case by
  remembering recent failure responses and returning the saved
  failure response when receiving a retransmitted Allocate request."

 contradicts the SHOULD requirement in rfc3489bis-18, thus should be deleted
IMO.

Cheers
 Benny
_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave