Subject: [BEHAVE] SOFTWARE attribute in TURN

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:55:21 -0400

Version -09 of the TURN spec says that the client and the server  
SHOULD include the SOFTWARE attribute (which TURN-09 called SOFTWARE- 
TYPE) in all requests and responses, but not in Send and Data  
indications.

However, on second thought, it seems a waste of bandwidth to include  
this attribute in all requests and responses. In particular, including  
it in Send requests seems unfortunate, since it reduces the maximum  
allowed size of the DATA attribute.

So unless I hear an objection, TURN-10 will say:

     The client SHOULD include the SOFTWARE attribute in all Allocate  
and Refresh requests
     and MAY include it in any other requests or indications. The  
server SHOULD include the
     SOFTWARE attribute in all Allocate and Refresh responses (either  
success or failure)
     and MAY include it in other responses or indications.

- Philip

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave