Subject: [BEHAVE] FlexNES: Flexible NAT Emulation Software

From: Bruce Lowekamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:40:32 -0400

FlexNES is a tool for a linux router that allows the emulation of 
different NAT behaviors.  It works by using iptables to filter packets 
and pass them through a user-level application that performs the NAT 
behavior before passing them back through iptables.   It currently is 
limited to UDP (its goal was to reproduce all of the different good and 
bad behaviors in 4787), but the general architecture should be 
extensible to other protocols.

FlexNES is available under the GPLv2 license.  Jeremey Beker wrote the 
software as his MS project for the College of William and Mary CS 
Department.  I was his advisor for the project.

FlexNES is available at

http://code.google.com/p/flexnes/

We hope that this tool is useful for everyone who wants to test their 
software's behavior behind different types of NATs (without the need to 
have stacks of NATs in a rack).  If you find it useful, please help by 
contributing back to the project with improvements.

Bruce

_______________________________________________
Behave mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave