Subject: [BEHAVE] draft-wing-behave-nat64-referrals-00

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:11:23 -0800

This document discusses how SIP and BitTorrent perform referrals between IP
address families.

A quick summary of the document:

An IPv6-only SIP endpoint can use a NAT64 or a TURN-IPv6 server to communicate
with an IPv4-only SIP endpoint.  When the IPv6-only SIP endpoint wants to
refer the IPv4-only SIP endpoint to another host, it refers the IPv4 address.
By referring the IPv4 address, referalls are successful to IPv4-only hosts, to
dual-stack hosts, and IPv6-only hosts (if those IPv6-only hosts have a NAT64).
In all cases that are expected to work, such IPv4 referalls work.

BitTorrent clients do not handle referrals across a NAT64, and will require
upgrades to work across a NAT64.

-d

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 2:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-wing-behave-nat64-referrals-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Referrals Across a NAT64
	Author(s)       : D. Wing
	Filename        : draft-wing-behave-nat64-referrals-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-03-04

This document describes several scenarios where an IP address is
referred across a NAT64 translator.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wing-behave-nat64-referrals-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.