Subject: [BEHAVE] draft-ietf-behave-nat-behavior-discovery-06 posted

From: Bruce Lowekamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 07:55:18 -0400

-06 of nat-behavior discovery has been posted.  Changes in this
revision are fairly minimal to address comments received.

from draft-ietf-behave-nat-behavior-discovery-05

    * In applicability section, add explicit requirement that citing
drafts must specify how they handle failure
    * Add new subsection on selecting the source port used for tests,
covering both requirements that the same port be used for tests as for
the application and dependencies on previous bindings. Reference that
section explicitly for tests that are sensitive to previous binding
state.
    * Change SRV discovery to stun-behavior for UDP and TCP and
stun-behaviors for TLS/TCP.
    * Add SRV registry subsection to IANA section.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:47:05 +0100

>     * Add SRV registry subsection to IANA section.

Hi Bruce,

It seems that you failed to address a number of issues from my AD
comments. Can you please motivate, or was this simply forgotten.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bruce Lowekamp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 06:22:17 -0400

Magnus,

I believe that most of your comments were resolved in -05.  The one
remaining issue (which was introduced in -05) was resolved by the
source port selection text being expanded and given its own subsection
in -06.  At least, that's what I have in my notes and my understanding
from our email thread last November (unfortunate that it's been
delayed so long).  Please let me know if you believe there are other
outstanding issues.

Bruce

Changelog from -05:
A.6. from draft-ietf-behave-nat-behavior-discovery-04

   o  Clarified that behavior may vary by port used as well as by
      destination IP/particular STUN server, and therefore specified
      that all tests should be performed using the port the application
      will use

   o  Added additional text on selecting random port/ensuring port has
      been unused prior to starting filtering tests

   o  specified limit to start rate of tests and that tests
      retransmissions should not synchronize

   o  additional explanatory text for XOR-RESPONSE-TARGET

   o  added SRV entry to IANA section and subdivided to match STUN
      registries from 5389

   o  clarified that test combinations are non-normative

   o  Numerous clarifications

   o  Changed PADDING to default to interface MTU, and changed maximum
      length to not make IP datagram exceed 64K

   o  Added text that server should allocate TCP and TCP/TLS

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 13:39:05 +0100

Hi Bruce,

I am sorry, looking at the diff from 04 to 06 seems to indicate that yes
the issues are resolved. I thought I checked in the 06 about STUN and
thought you haven't changed the acronym which made me punt all over to you.

I will start IETF last call. It will be a week extra due to IETF meeting.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund