Subject: [BEHAVE] TURN-16 Posted

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 08:21:49 -0400

I have just posted TURN-16 which contains the following changes:

* Specifies requirements for support of transport protocols between  
the client and the server: UDP is a MUST, TCP and TLS are SHOULD. This  
addresses a comment originally raised by Marc Petit-Huguenin and  
echoed by Magnus Westerlund.

* Clarified some text around the checking of permissions (sections  
10.3 and 8), to address a DISCUSS comment by Cullen Jennings.

* Removed some text around the use of ALTERNATE-SERVER. When this text  
was written, what was then draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis had language  
that required a server to authenticate any reply using ALTERNATE- 
SERVER, and the WG decided to loosen this requirement, hence this  
text. Since that text was written, Jonathan updated draft-ietf-behave- 
rfc3489bis (which is now RFC 5389) to reflect what TURN was doing.  
Thus I have removed this text and the document now says "Do what RFC  
5389 says".  So this change is not a technical change, but merely  
brings the two documents back into alignment.

- Philip