Subject: [BEHAVE] Protocol Action: 'Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extension for IPv6' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Extension for IPv6 '
   <draft-ietf-behave-turn-ipv6-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-turn-ipv6-11.txt

Technical Summary

This specification extends TURN (I-D.ietf-behave-turn) to support IPv6
communications to the remote peer.  TURN-IPv6 was designed to be used
as part of the ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment) approach
to NAT traversal, though it can be also used without ICE.

Working Group Summary

There is good consensus in the WG to publish this document. 

Document Quality

There are already implementations of it. And a significant number of
vendors have indicated that they are or will implement it. 

Personnel

Dan Wing, [email-masked] is the Document Shepherd for this document. 
David Harrington, [email-masked] is the Responsible Area
Director.