Subject: [BEHAVE] RFC 6144 on Framework for IPv4/IPv6 Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:33:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6144

        Title:      Framework for IPv4/IPv6 Translation 
        Author:     F. Baker, X. Li,
                    C. Bao, K. Yin
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 67181
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-v6v4-framework-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6144.txt

This note describes a framework for IPv4/IPv6 translation.  This is
in the context of replacing Network Address Translation - Protocol
Translation (NAT-PT), which was deprecated by RFC 4966, and to enable
networks to have IPv4 and IPv6 coexist in a somewhat rational manner
while transitioning to an IPv6 network.  This document is not an Internet
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC