Subject: [BEHAVE] RFC 6147 on DNS64: DNS Extensions for Network Address Translation from IPv6 Clients to IPv4 Servers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6147

        Title:      DNS64: DNS Extensions for Network 
                    Address Translation from IPv6 Clients to 
                    IPv4 Servers 
        Author:     M. Bagnulo, A. Sullivan,
                    P. Matthews, I. van Beijnum
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 75103
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-dns64-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6147.txt

DNS64 is a mechanism for synthesizing AAAA records from A records.
DNS64 is used with an IPv6/IPv4 translator to enable client-server
communication between an IPv6-only client and an IPv4-only server,
without requiring any changes to either the IPv6 or the IPv4 node,
for the class of applications that work through NATs.  This document
specifies DNS64, and provides suggestions on how it should be
deployed in conjunction with IPv6/IPv4 translators.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC