Subject: [BEHAVE] FW: New Version Notification for draft-kuarsingh-lsn-deployment-05.txt

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:38:59 -0400

Behave WG,

I have re-worked the the LSN over MPLS/VPN draft (originally submitted in
2010).  References updated and text updated as well.  Updated to refer to
CGNs rather then LSN/NAT44 as CGN has seem to become the de-facto standard.

In document title now "CGN Deployment with MPLS/VPNs"

This draft specifies a architectural model to integrated CGNs using
MPLS/VPNs (RFC4364) which has also been testing in production with good
results.

Regards,

Victor Kuarsingh

On 11-10-10 12:31 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>A new version of I-D, draft-kuarsingh-lsn-deployment-05.txt has been
>successfully submitted by Victor Kuarsingh and posted to the IETF
>repository.
>
>Filename:     draft-kuarsingh-lsn-deployment
>Revision:     05
>Title:         CGN Deployment with MPLS/VPNs
>Creation date:     2011-10-10
>WG ID:         Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 18
>
>Abstract:
>   This document specifies a framework to integrate a Network Address
>   Translation layer into an operator&#39;s network to function as a
>Carrier
>   Grade NAT (also known as CGN or Large Scale NAT).  CGN is a concept
>   also described in [I-D.shirasaki-nat444] which specifies NAT444 as a
>   dual layer translation model.  Although operators may wish to deploy
>   IPv6 to strategically overcome IPv4 exhaustion, near term needs may
>   not be satisfied with an IPv6 deployment alone.  This document
>   provides a practical integration model which allows CGN to be
>   integrated into the network meeting the needs of the customer while
>   being mindful of not disrupting existing services and meeting the
>   technical challenges that CGN brings.  The model includes the use of
>   MPLS/VPNs defined in [RFC4364] as a tool to achieve this goal.  This
>   document does not intend to defend the merits of CGN.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat