Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:20:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Common requirements for Carrier Grade NAT (CGN)
	Author(s)       : Simon Perreault
                          Ikuhei Yamagata
                          Shin Miyakawa
                          Akira Nakagawa
                          Hiroyuki Ashida
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2011-10-24

   This document defines common requirements for Carrier-Grade NAT
   (CGN).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-04.txt

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:24:35 -0400

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-lsn-requirements-04.txt

Change log:

   o  Fixed nits, spelling, updated references.

   o  CGNs SHOULD NOT log destinations.

   o  Allow address-dependent filtering when it does not cause the
      application protocol to break.

   o  Refer to RFC4787 security considerations on EIF.

   o  Clarify REQ-12 point D (it does not apply to operator
      intervention).

   o  Changed "CGNs SHOULD limit ..." to "SHOULD support limiting" to
      make it clear that the operator is in control.

   o  Added reference to RFC 4963.

   o  Added requirement for non-contiguous external address pools.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca