Subject: [BEHAVE] Comments on draft-xli-behave-divi-03

From: ssenthil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:14:33 -0400

Section 4 : Port set algorithm.
#1
There is not much information on how the CPEs are provisioned with the port
ranges and the how the CPEs know their value of K.
Some details are required to make that clear.

#2
³For given multiplexing ratio N, the port-set numbers of a IPv4-
      translatable address with port-set-id K is composed of P=j*N + K +
      1024, for all the values of j=0, 1, ..., (65536-N)/N.
....

   For example, If N=128, then IPv6 node K=5 is only allowed to use port
   numbers 5, 133, 261, 389, 517, 645, 773, 901, ... 65,413 as the
   source port, while the packets with these port numbers as the
   destination port number will be send to IPv6 node K=5.²

As per the above algorithm the ports could never be < 1024. Also, Table 5.2
shows that the # of ports without excluding the low range of ports.
You should fix that as well.

#3
Section 5.1 Extended address format

Third paragraph: It says ³4 bits is enough for N², but there is no
explanation as to why until the reader gets to Section 5.2 to understand
what you¹re saying. I would suggest adding some text here in this section
and/or reference to Figure 5.

#4
Appendix A.
The prefix selected is 2001:da8:a4a6::/48 but the examples use
2001:da8:b4b6:: addresses

Editorial
#1
Section 4.
For example, If N=128, then IPv6 node K=5 is only allowed to use port
   numbers 5, 133, 261, 389, 517, 645, 773, 901, ... 65,413 as the
   source port, while the packets with these port numbers as the
   destination port number will be send(sent) to IPv6 node K=5.

#2
In the same section:
2.  The individual ports for each IPv6 node are not continues (continuous)
and the
       whole 65536 port range is equally shared by IPv6 nodes.

---

From: Xing Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 21:25:33 +0800

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.

? 2011/10/26 5:14, ssenthil ??:
> There is not much information on how the CPEs are provisioned with the 
> port ranges and the how the CPEs know their value of K.

The DHCPv6 option extension will be used for the provisioning of the 
CPE, the current information required are the IPv6 prefix, the sharing 
ratio and the PSID (k). We will add more details in the next upload.

>
> #2
> "For given multiplexing ratio N, the port-set numbers of a IPv4-
>    destination port number will be send to IPv6 node K=5."
>
> As per the above algorithm the ports could never be < 1024. Also, 
> Table 5.2 shows that the # of ports without excluding the low range of 
> ports.

Thanks. We will correct the numbers.

> Third paragraph: It says "4 bits is enough for N", but there is no 
> explanation as to why until the reader gets to Section 5.2 to 
> understand what you're saying. I would suggest adding some text here 
> in this section and/or reference to Figure 5.
>

Thanks.

> 2001:da8:b4b6:: addresses

Thanks.

> 2.  The individual ports for each IPv6 node are not continues 
> (continuous) and the

Thanks.

We will upload a new version soon and the progress of the dIVI-PD 
unification in softwire working group will also be added.

Regards,

xing

>
> _______________________________________________
> Behave mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave