Subject: [BEHAVE] Comments on draft-penno-behave-rfc4787-5382-5508-bis-02

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:23:36 +0000

8.  EIM Protocol Independent

   [RFC4787] [RFC5382]: REQ-1 Current RFCs do not specify whether EIM
   are protocol independent.  In other words, if a outbound TCP SYN
   creates a mapping it is left undefined whether outbound UDP can reuse
   such mapping and create session.  On the other hand, Stateful NAT64
   [RFC6146] clearly specifies three binding information bases (TCP,
   UDP, ICMP).  This document clarifies that EIM mappings SHOULD be
   protocol dependent .  A knob MAY be provided in order allow protocols
   that multiplex TCP and UDP over the same source IP and port to use a
   single mapping.

Would it be more accurate changing the title to "EIM Protocol Dependent", since "This document clarifies that EIM mappings SHOULD be protocol dependent ."?
BTW, there is a redundant space after "dependent".

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

---

From: Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:27:32 -0500

Good catch, yes I will change it.

On 1/19/12 3:23 PM, "Tina TSOU" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Would it be more accurate changing the title to "EIM Protocol Dependent",
> since "This document clarifies that EIM mappings SHOULD be protocol dependent
> ."?
> _______________________________________________
> Behave mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave