Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 04:02:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Discovery of the IPv6 Prefix Used for IPv6 Address Synthesis
	Author(s)       : Teemu Savolainen
                          Jouni Korhonen
                          Dan Wing
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-12.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-11-05

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for detecting the presence of DNS64
   and for learning the IPv6 prefix used for protocol translation on an
   access network.  The method depends on the existence of a well-known
   IPv4-only domain name "ipv4only.arpa".  The information learned
   enables nodes to perform local IPv6 address synthesis and to
   potentially avoid NAT64 on dual-stack and multi-interface
   deployments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-nat64-discovery-heuristic-12

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/