Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:32:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Syslog Format for NAT Logging
	Author(s)       : Zhonghua Chen
                          Cathy Zhou
                          Tina Tsou
                          T. Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2013-02-17

Abstract:
   Under some circumstances operators will need to maintain a dynamic
   record of external address and port assignments made by a NAT device
   (e.g.,Carrier Grade NAT (CGN)), and will find it feasible and
   convenient to create such records using SYSLOG (RFC 5424).  The
   present document standardizes a SYSLOG format to meet that recording
   requirement.  It specifies a number of fields that could be a part of
   the log report, leaving it up to operators to select the fields
   needed for their specific circumstances.

   [*** Subject to discussion*** The log format presented here may also
   be used by PCP server implementations to log the mappings they
   implement.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-syslog-nat-logging-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/