Subject: [BEHAVE] RFC 6889 on Analysis of Stateful 64 Translation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6889

        Title:      Analysis of Stateful 64 Translation 
        Author:     R. Penno, T. Saxena,
                    M. Boucadair, S. Sivakumar
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33171
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-behave-64-analysis-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6889.txt

Due to specific problems, Network Address Translation - Protocol
Translation (NAT-PT) was deprecated by the IETF as a mechanism to
perform IPv6-IPv4 translation.  Since then, new efforts have been
undertaken within IETF to standardize alternative mechanisms to
perform IPv6-IPv4 translation.  This document analyzes to what extent
the new stateful translation mechanisms avoid the problems that
caused the IETF to deprecate NAT-PT.

This document is a product of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC