Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] review of draft-penno-behave-rfc4787-5382-5508-bis

From: Washam Fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:06:22 +0800

Hi,

>
>> 3.1.2.2 I was unable to fully grasp the idea and its relationship with the
>> TIME_WAIT state, it would be nice if you could elaborate on this.
>>
> In this mechanism, usable port set are splited to each client, which means
> that for each port,
> arriving packets have monotonically increasing values of TCP timestamp or
> ISN.
> In this case, as values are monotonically increasing, 6191 will work and
> terminate TIME_WAIT.
>
> Please note that linux kernel checks if values are monotonically
increasing for each remote IP instead of (IP, port) pair. at least  for
kernel 3.6.6 and earlier.

B.R.
washam