Subject: [BEHAVE] I-D Action: draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 09:54:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IPFIX Information Elements for logging NAT Events
	Author(s)       : Senthil Sivakumar
                          Renaldo Penno
	Filename        : draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-08-12

Abstract:
   NAT devices are required to log events like creation and deletion of
   translations and information about the resources it is managing.  The
   logs are required in many cases to identify an attacker or a host
   that was used to launch malicious attacks and/or for various other
   purposes of accounting.  Since there is no standard way of logging
   this information, different NAT devices behave differently and hence
   it is difficult to expect a consistent behavior.  The lack of a
   consistent way makes it difficult to write the collector applications
   that would receive this data and process it to present useful
   information.  This document describes the information that is
   required to be logged by the NAT devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-behave-ipfix-nat-logging-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Senthil Sivakumar (ssenthil)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:30:45 +0000

This version folds in the comments from Dan Wing and from Paul Aitken.
Please review and let me know your comments.

Thanks
Senthil

On 8/12/13 12:54 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Behave mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/behave