Subject: [BEHAVE] Barry Leiba's Discuss on draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-01: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 16:14:11 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1-01: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perrault-behave-deprecate-nat-mib-v1/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The IANA Considerations section says there are no IANA actions here.  Is
that really so?  Don't you need to change the reference for the natMIB
(123) from RFC4008 to this document?  Otherwise, what was the point of
replicating the entire MIB and changing the status field of each item to
"deprecated"?  It's clear that 4008 is no longer the current reference
for natMIB.

I would actually suggest that you also change the description field for
natMIB from "NAT-MIB" to "[deprecated]" or "NAT-MIB [deprecated]".

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 19:18:05 -0400

Thanks.

I already had this on my to-do list based on IANA's input earlier. I 
just wasn't sure when to submit the change.

Tom Taylor