Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'Encoding mLDP FECs in the NLRI of BGP MCAST-VPN Routes' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-mldp-nlri-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 10:22:27 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Encoding mLDP FECs in the NLRI of BGP MCAST-VPN Routes'
  (draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-mldp-nlri-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Alia Atlas.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-mldp-nlri/

Technical Summary

   Many service providers offer "BGP/MPLS IP VPN" service to their
   customers.  Existing IETF standards specify the procedures and
   protocols that a service provider uses in order to offer this service
   to customers who have IP unicast and IP multicast traffic in their
   VPNs.  It is also desirable to be able to support customers who have
   MPLS multicast traffic in their VPNs.  This document specifies the
   procedures and protocol extensions that are needed to support
   customers who use the Multicast Extensions to Label Distribution
   Protocol (mLDP) as the control protocol for their MPLS multicast
   traffic.  Existing standards do provide some support for customers
   who use mLDP, but only under a restrictive set of circumstances.
   This document generalizes the existing support to include all cases
   where the customer uses mLDP, without any restrictions.  This
   document updates RFC 6514.

Working Group Summary

  No controversy around this Document which provides
  a simple solution to address a limitation of RFC 6514.

Document Quality

  There are no known implementation/implementation plans.
  The Document has been reviewed by a few experts.
  The Document Shepherd also reviewed several times the Document.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux, L3VPN co-chair is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible (Routing) Area Director