Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes-03.txt> (Covering Prefixes Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 06:08:25 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'Covering Prefixes Outbound Route Filter for BGP-4'
  <draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines a new Outbound Route Filter (ORF) type, called
   the "Covering Prefixes ORF (CP-ORF)".  CP-ORF is applicable in
   Virtual Hub-and-Spoke VPNs.  It also is applicable in BGP/MPLS
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) networks.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2397/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2398/