Subject: [bess] Benoit Claise's Discuss on draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-09: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 14:07:58 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community-09: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-l3vpn-acceptown-community/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron's point, part of the OPS-DIR review, look valid to me. Can we please
discuss it.

This document is well written and well thought out. It is almost ready
for publication with one small issue.

In Section 2.3, the authors say, " ACCEPT_OWN handling SHOULD be
controlled by configuration, and SHOULD   default to being disabled. IMO,
they should say, "ACCEPT_OWN handling MUST be controlled by
configuration, and MUST default to being disabled."

AFAIKS, you would never want to build a router where ACCEPT_OWN behavior
is always on and cannot be disabled by configuration. Likewise, you would
never want to build a router where ACCEPT_OWN behavior is the default.