Subject: [bess] Adrian Farrel's Yes on draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 11:01:36 -0800

Adrian Farrel has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes-04: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-orf-covering-prefixes/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some minor editorial bits and pieces we can pickup after the telechat.
(Thanks to Dave Black and Alvaro Retana for the reviews).

---

Something can be added to the Introduction (which is a bit short) to
explain what a covering prefix is. Probably breaking the second paragraph
after the first sentence and adding a new sentence that begins "A
covering prefix is..."

---

The fields in Figures 1 are briefly described after the figure, but in
some cases the description is exceeding brief. For example, minlen.

Can you look at the text and see where you can beef it up either with a
forward reference to where the field is described, or with a simple
statement about what the field is used for.

---

Section 3 has  "RECOMMENDS" which is not a 2119 word. To use
"RECOMMENDED" you will need to reword slightly.

---

Section 8 has a paragraph that begins  "Section 5…” I think this applies
specifically to the first bullet in the list (of two) immediately above.
If I'm right, can you move the paragraph into that bullet?

---

Can you move RFC 4364 to be an Informative reference.