Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-global-table-mcast-02.txt> (Global Table Multicast with BGP-MVPN Procedures) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 15:19:58 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled Services WG (bess)
to consider the following document:
- 'Global Table Multicast with BGP-MVPN Procedures'
  <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-global-table-mcast-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-08-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC6513, RFC6514, and other RFCs describe protocols and procedures
   which a Service Provider (SP) may deploy in order offer Multicast
   Virtual Private Network (Multicast VPN or MVPN) service to its
   customers.  Some of these procedures use BGP to distribute VPN-
   specific multicast routing information across a backbone network.
   With a small number of relatively minor modifications, the very same
   BGP procedures can also be used to distribute multicast routing
   information that is not specific to any VPN.  Multicast that is
   outside the context of a VPN is known as "Global Table Multicast", or
   sometimes simply as "Internet multicast".  In this document, we
   describe the modifications that are needed to use the MVPN BGP
   procedures for Global Table Multicast.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-global-table-mcast/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-global-table-mcast/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.