Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 05:10:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast VPN state damping
        Authors         : Thomas Morin
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Keyur Patel
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          Robert Kebler
                          Jeff Haas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2015-08-03

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures to damp multicast VPN routing
   state changes and control the effect of the churn due to the
   multicast dynamicity in customer site.  The procedures described in
   this document are applicable to BGP-based multicast VPN and help
   avoid uncontrolled control plane load increase in the core routing
   infrastructure.  New procedures are proposed inspired from BGP
   unicast route damping principles, but adapted to multicast.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/