Subject: [bess] RFC 7716 on Global Table Multicast with BGP Multicast VPN (BGP-MVPN) Procedures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:33:27 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7716

        Title:      Global Table Multicast with BGP 
                    Multicast VPN (BGP-MVPN) Procedures 
        Author:     J. Zhang, L. Giuliano,
                    E. Rosen, Ed.,
                    K. Subramanian, D. Pacella
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 52951
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-global-table-mcast-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7716

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7716

RFCs 6513, 6514, and others describe protocols and procedures that a
Service Provider (SP) may deploy in order to offer Multicast Virtual
Private Network (Multicast VPN or MVPN) service to its customers.
Some of these procedures use BGP to distribute VPN-specific multicast
routing information across a backbone network.  With a small number
of relatively minor modifications, the same BGP procedures can also
be used to distribute multicast routing information that is not
specific to any VPN.  Multicast that is outside the context of a VPN
is known as "Global Table Multicast", or sometimes simply as
"Internet multicast".  In this document, we describe the
modifications that are needed to use the BGP-MVPN procedures for
Global Table Multicast.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC