Subject: [bess] Alia Atlas' No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alia Atlas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:33:14 -0800

Alia Atlas has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-extranet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is quite a detailed read and despite the clarity of each section,
hard to
truly put together into a larger understanding.  I was hoping for a
section
that would be Applicability or a table that gave the different
dimensions
and the options for each.

I think adding such a section early in the document would really help
with
understanding what the different trade-offs and likely sets of choices
might
be.   I also realize that many readers will be more familiar with the
base
technology and be able to work through the details with repeated
readings.