Subject: [bess] Closing the call for adoption on draft-hao-bess-inter-nvo3-vpn-optionc

From: Thomas Morin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 12:01:02 +0100

Hi working group,

Based on this long discussion following the call for adoption, we 
consider that there is no consensus at this point to adopt 
draft-hao-bess-inter-nvo3-vpn-optionc as a working group document.

Our understanding is that the problem to address and the different 
alternatives solution are worth exploring, and we consider that the 
question of documenting a solution can be raised again in the future.

We identify that the following will be helpful in this perspective:
- documenting the different alternatives and their pros and cons ; we 
encourage people having raised their voice in this discussion to work 
together to this
- having consolidated information about what encapsulation the typical 
ToR hardware chipsets will support in the mid/long term ; it will be an 
important input to help the WG decide what solution should be documented

Thank you,

Martin & Thomas

---

From: Haoweiguo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 11:18:03 +0000

Hi,
I think the WG had better form a team to explore the problem and possilbe solutions ASAP. Those voiced different opinions should join the team to work together.
Thanks,
weiguo
________________________________________
From: BESS [[email-masked]] on behalf of Thomas Morin [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 19:01
To: BESS
Cc: [email-masked]; BESS Chairs
Subject: [bess] Closing the call for adoption on        draft-hao-bess-inter-nvo3-vpn-optionc

Hi working group,

Thank you,

Martin & Thomas

_______________________________________________
BESS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bess