Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'Registry and Extensions for P-Multicast Service Interface Tunnel Attribute Flags' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags-03.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 13:21:00 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registry and Extensions for P-Multicast Service Interface Tunnel
   Attribute Flags'
  (draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags-03.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-pta-flags/

Technical Summary

   The BGP-based control procedures for Multicast Virtual Private
   Networks make use of a BGP attribute known as the "P-Multicast
   Service Interface (PMSI) Tunnel" attribute.  The attribute contains a
   one-octet "Flags" field.  The purpose of this document is to
   establish an IANA registry for the assignment of the bits in this
   field.  Since the Flags field contains only eight bits, this document
   also defines a new BGP Extended Community, "Additional PMSI Tunnel
   Attribute Flags", that can be used to carry additional flags for the
   PMSI Tunnel attribute.  This document updates RFC 6514.

Working Group Summary

 This document fills a hole in previous specification (the lack of creation of a registry).

Document Quality

  Well written and to the point.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
  Alvaro Retana is the responsible Area Director