Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'Multicast VPN state damping' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 12:26:38 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Multicast VPN state damping'
  (draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping/

Technical Summary

   This document describes procedures to damp multicast VPN routing
   state changes and control the effect of the churn due to the
   multicast dynamicity in customer sites.  The procedures described in
   this document are applicable to BGP-based multicast VPN and help
   avoid uncontrolled control plane load increase in the core routing
   infrastructure.  New procedures are proposed inspired from BGP
   unicast route damping principles, but adapted to multicast.

Working Group Summary

  This Document has been presented several times before the WG at 
  IETF meetings.  There was good support to adopt it as a WG Document.
  There have been fewer opinions expressed at the time of WG Last Call.

Document Quality

   There are no current implementations, but one seems to be planned.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
  Alvaro Retana is the Responsible AD