Subject: [bess] RFC 7899 on Multicast VPN State Damping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 13:13:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7899

        Title:      Multicast VPN State Damping 
        Author:     T. Morin, Ed.,
                    S. Litkowski, K. Patel,
                    Z. Zhang, R. Kebler,
                    J. Haas
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41294
        Updates:    RFC 6514

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-multicast-damping-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7899

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7899

This document describes procedures to damp Multicast VPN (MVPN)
routing state changes and control the effect of the churn due to the
multicast dynamicity in customer sites.  The procedures described in
this document are applicable to BGP-based multicast VPN and help
avoid uncontrolled control-plane load increase in the core routing
infrastructure.  The new procedures proposed were inspired by BGP
unicast route damping principles that have been adapted to multicast.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC