Subject: [bess] Update to draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib-06

From: Hiroshi Tsunoda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 12:14:11 +0900

Dear Glenn,

Thank you for waiting the update.
I have submitted the updated version of
draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib.

Links to the draft and diff are as follows.

URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib-06.txt
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib-06
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-mib-0

This version contains some major changes as follows.
I hope this update make the role and usage of the MIB clear for you.

+----------------------------------------------------------+
Changes:

1. Support for row creation in all tables is removed

   Reason: The utility of row creation is dubious.
   It increases complexity of the MIB implementation.
   Unless an immediate need for row creation, we will go ahead
   with the current draft and review the need for row creation
   at a later date if and when it arises.

2. Added objects to make the role and usage of this MIB clear.

   Reason: This MIB will provide the following management functions.

   - Configuration of MVRF related timers

   - Generation of Notifications to indicate  creation, deletion,
     and/or modification of MVRFs

   - Generation of Notification  when a member joins or leaves a
     multicast group

   - Monitoring of the following
     - attributes of MVRFs of MVPNs
     - PMSIs
     - statistics of advertisements exchanged by a PE
     - routing entries in a MVRF
     - next-hops for a multicast destination in a MVRF
+----------------------------------------------------------+

-- tsuno