Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-09.txt> (Explicit Tracking with Wild Card Routes in Multicast VPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 06:26:15 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'Explicit Tracking with Wild Card Routes
in Multicast VPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-09. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The MVPN specifications provide procedures to allow a multicast
   ingress node to invoke "explicit tracking" for a multicast flow or
   set of flows, thus learning the egress nodes for that flow or set of
   flows.  However, the specifications are not completely clear about
   how the explicit tracking procedures work in certain scenarios.  This
   document provides the necessary clarifications.  It also specifies a
   new, optimized explicit tracking procedure.  This new procedure
   allows an ingress node, by sending a single message, to request
   explicit tracking of each of a set of flows, where the set of flows
   is specified using a wildcard mechanism.  This document updates RFCs
   6514, 6625, and 7524.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2807/