Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 02:10:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Optimized Ingress Replication solution for EVPN
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Wen Lin
                          Mukul Katiyar
                          Ali Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2018-09-30

Abstract:
   Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) networks using EVPN as control
   plane may use ingress replication (IR) or PIM-based trees to convey
   the overlay BUM traffic. PIM provides an efficient solution to avoid
   sending multiple copies of the same packet over the same physical
   link, however it may not always be deployed in the NVO core network.
   IR avoids the dependency on PIM in the NVO network core. While IR
   provides a simple multicast transport, some NVO networks with
   demanding multicast applications require a more efficient solution
   without PIM in the core. This document describes a solution to
   optimize the efficiency of IR in NVO networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/