Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 10:39:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : (PBB-)EVPN Seamless Integration with (PBB-)VPLS
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          Samer Salam
                          Nick Del Regno
                          Jorge Rabadan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-02-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies mechanisms for backward compatibility of
   Ethernet VPN (EVPN) and Provider Backbone Bridge Ethernet VPN (PBB-
   EVPN) solutions with Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) and Provider
   Backbone Bridge VPLS (PBB-VPLS) solutions. It also provides
   mechanisms for seamless integration of these two technologies in the
   same MPLS/IP network on a per-VPN-instance basis. Implementation of
   this document enables service providers to introduce EVPN/PBB-EVPN
   PEs in their brown-field deployments of VPLS/PBB-VPLS networks. This
   document specifies control-plane and forwarding behavior needed for
   auto-discovery of a VPN instance, multicast and unicast operation, as
   well as MAC-mobility operation in order to enable seamless
   integration between EVPN and VPLS PEs as well as between PBB-VPLS and
   PBB-EVPN PEs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-vpls-seamless-integ-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/