Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'Updated processing of Control Flags for BGP VPLS' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-bgp-vpls-control-flags-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 07:24:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Updated processing of Control Flags for BGP VPLS'
  (draft-ietf-bess-bgp-vpls-control-flags-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Deborah Brungard and Martin
Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-bgp-vpls-control-flags/

Technical Summary
  This document updates the meaning of the "control flags" fields
  inside the "layer2 info extended community" used for BGP-VPLS NLRI as
  defined in RFC4761. If approved, this document updates RFC4761.

Working Group Summary
  There is good consensus from the WG, and there is no controversy.

Document Quality
  There were active discussions in the WG, many valuable 
  comments received and addressed. A number of iterations 
  reflecting that.

Personnel
  Document Shepherd: Mach Chen
  Responsible Area Director: Martin Vigoureux