Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-hub-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 04:20:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual Hub-and-Spoke in BGP EVPNs
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Ali Sajassi
                          John E. Drake
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-hub-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-09-28

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) solution is becoming
   pervasive for Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) services in data
   center (DC) applications and as the next generation virtual private
   LAN services in service provider (SP) applications.

   The use of host IP default route and host unknown MAC route within a
   DC is well understood in order to ensure that leaf nodes within a DC
   only learn and store host MAC and IP addresses for that DC. All other
   host MAC and IP addresses from remote DCs are learned and stored in
   DC GW nodes thus alleviating leaf nodes from learning host MAC and IP
   addresses from the remote DCs.

   This draft further optimizes the MAC and IP address learning at the
   leaf nodes such that a leaf node within a DC only needs to learn and
   store MAC and IP addresses associated with the sites directly
   connected to it. A leaf node does not need to learn and store MAC and
   IP addresses from any other leaf nodes thus reducing the number of
   learned MACs and IP addresses per EVI substantially.

   The modifications provided by this draft updates and extends RFC7024
   for BGP EVPN Address Family.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-hub/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-hub-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-virtual-hub-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/