Subject: [bess] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 15:02:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Fast Recovery for EVPN DF Election
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          Gaurav Badoni
                          Dhananjaya Rao
                          Patrice Brissette
                          John Drake
                          Jorge Rabadan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-03-09

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) solution [RFC7432] describes
   DF election procedures for multi-homing Ethernet Segments.  These
   procedures are enhanced further in [RFC8584] by applying Highest
   Random Weight Algorithm for DF election in order to avoid DF status
   unnecessarily upon a failure.  This draft makes further improvement
   to DF election procedures in [RFC8584] by providing two options for
   fast DF election upon recovery of the failed link or node associated
   with the multi-homing Ethernet Segment.  This fast DF election is
   achieved independent of number of EVIs associated with that Ethernet
   Segment and it is performed via a simple signaling between the
   recovered PE and each PE in the multi-homing group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/