Subject: [bess] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-09.txt> (Integrated Routing and Bridging in EVPN) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 06:56:48 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG (bess) to
consider the following document: - 'Integrated Routing and Bridging in EVPN'
  <draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-03. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   EVPN provides an extensible and flexible multi-homing VPN solution
   over an MPLS/IP network for intra-subnet connectivity among Tenant
   Systems and End Devices that can be physical or virtual.  However,
   there are scenarios for which there is a need for a dynamic and
   efficient inter-subnet connectivity among these Tenant Systems and
   End Devices while maintaining the multi-homing capabilities of EVPN.
   This document describes an Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB)
   solution based on EVPN to address such requirements.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3352/