Subject: [bess] Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 18:44:45 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-inter-subnet-forwarding/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support the DISCUSS ballot position of Erik Kline

I support the DISCUSS ballot position of Alvaro Retana

I support the DISCUSS ballot position of Ben Kaduk

Not much to add to the feedback of my peer ADs.

** Please respond to the SECDIR feedback (and thank you Chris Lonvick for doing
it!)

** Section 11.  As there is nothing documented to prevent this approach from
being used across administrative domains with different policies (i.e., there
is no applicability statement or normative language providing caution from
being used outside of the commonly reference data center use case) or any
security assumptions made about the elements involved, please reiterate that
there are no inherent security services being provided to protect the traffic. 
If this is desired it should provide through other means.