Subject: [bess] Protocol Action: 'MVPN and MSDP SA Interoperation' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 06:32:20 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'MVPN and MSDP SA Interoperation'
  (draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the BGP Enabled ServiceS Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, John Scudder and Martin Vigoureux.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the procedures for interoperation between
   Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) Source Active routes and
   customer Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) Source Active
   routes, which is useful for MVPN provider networks offering services
   to customers with an existing MSDP infrastructure.  Without the
   procedures described in this document, VPN-specific MSDP sessions are
   required among the PEs that are customer MSDP peers.  This document
   updates RFC6514.

Working Group Summary

   We had good support for this work. This work removed need for extra protocol for mVPN deployments.  

Document Quality

   There is at least one implementation.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Mankamana Mishra
   Responsible AD: Martin  Vigoureux