Subject: [bess] RFC 9081 on Interoperation between Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) and Multicast Source Directory Protocol (MSDP) Source-Active Routes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 22:03:08 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9081

        Title:      Interoperation between Multicast Virtual Private 
                    Network (MVPN) and Multicast Source Directory 
                    Protocol (MSDP) Source-Active Routes 
        Author:     Z. Zhang,
                    L. Giuliano
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates:    RFC 6514

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-msdp-sa-interoperation-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9081

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9081

This document specifies the procedures for interoperation between
Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) Source-Active (SA) routes
and customer Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP) SA routes,
which is useful for MVPN provider networks offering services to
customers with an existing MSDP infrastructure. Without the
procedures described in this document, VPN-specific MSDP sessions are
required among the Provider Edge (PE) routers that are customer MSDP
peers. This document updates RFC 6514.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC