Subject: [bess] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 20:17:50 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-proxy-arp-nd/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems much improved in many ways; thanks very much.

[S3.5] [comment]

* For send-refresh of IPv6 addresses, I suspect the PE might use
  an IPv6 SA == unspecified address and an SLLA option with the
  MAC address equal to the PE sender MAC.  Alternatively, if the
  PE has an IPv6 link-local address in the BD then it can just do
  the normal NS dance.

  But I'll defer to Eric Vyncke as I'm sure he has more experience
  in this area (where a device wishes to be "transparent" at the IP
  layer).

  Ah, I see in section 3.7 it's assumed that the PE has an IPv6
  link-local address configured in the BD.

[S3.7] [nit]

* "legit" -> "legitimate"