Subject: [bfcpbis] comments on draft-ietf-bfcpbis-bfcp-websocket-01

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 22:15:01 +0000

The updated draft looks good to me. It addresses my previous comments. I
have one additional suggestion regarding the resolution of one of my
comments.

Section 1 was changed to read as follows:
"This specification defines a new WebSocket sub-protocol (as defined in
section 1.9 in [RFC6455]
<http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi#RFC6455>) for transporting
BFCP messages between a WebSocket client and server, a new reliable and
boundary preserving transport for BFCP which in turn runs on top of TCP
and can be optionally secured with TLS.²

I think it would be more clear as follows:

"This specification defines a new WebSocket sub-protocol (as defined in
section 1.9 in [RFC6455]
<http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi#RFC6455>) for transporting
BFCP messages between a WebSocket client and server. This sub-protocol
provides a reliable and boundary preserving transport for BFCP when it is
run on top of TCP. It is not meant for transport of BFCP when it is run on
top of UDP.

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:26:55 +0200

Charles,

thanks for your comment. Current text, as in version -01
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-bfcp-websocket-01),
reads as follows:

This specification defines a new WebSocket sub-
   protocol (as defined in section 1.9 in [RFC6455]) for transporting
   BFCP messages between a WebSocket client and server.  This sub-
   protocol provides a reliable and boundary preserving transport for
   BFCP when run on top of TCP.  Since WebSocket is a reliable
   transport, the extensions defined in [I-D.ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis]
   for sending BFCP over unreliable transports are not applicable.

Cheers,
-Victor

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Charles Eckel (eckelcu)
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> bfcpbis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bfcpbis

-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:15:51 +0000

Sorry about that Victor. I accidentally reviewed an intermediate version
prior to version -01. The text in version -01 looks fine to me.

Cheers,
Charles