Subject: [bfcpbis] Jari Arkko's Discuss on draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 04:01:39 -0800

Jari Arkko has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-13: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the hard work on this protocol. I have some comments, based on
a review by Suresh Krishnan, that I think should be addressed before
final approval of the document.

First, Section 5.1 should be clear that when used over a reliable
transport, not only should the F flag be ignore but that the fragment
fields (last four bytes) are not in the packet.

Second, Section 6.2.3 should be clear that the header accompanies all
fragments. As a result, the current formula for calculating the number of
fragments is probably wrong. This too should be updated.

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 14:16:06 +0200

Jari, Suresh,

thanks for your comments. Tom is currently editing this draft. He will
get back to you with a response shortly.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 14:16:06 +0200

Jari, Suresh,

Cheers,

Gonzalo