Subject: [bfcpbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 03:17:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Binary Floor Control Protocol Bis  Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Session Description Protocol (SDP) Format for Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) Streams
        Authors         : Gonzalo Camarillo
                          Tom Kristensen
                          Paul E. Jones
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-12.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2015-09-11

Abstract:
   This document specifies how to describe Binary Floor Control Protocol
   (BFCP) streams in Session Description Protocol (SDP) descriptions.
   User agents using the offer/answer model to establish BFCP streams
   use this format in their offers and answers.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4583.  Changes from RFC 4583 are
   summarized in Section 14.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:50:28 +0000

Tom and Paul,

Thank you for submitting this update to the draft. I have reviewed the
changes and see that a typo in the changes I proposed were propagated into
the draft. Other than that, it looks fine.

In section 10.5 where drafts reads,

  The conditions under which endpoints MUST establish a new DTLS
  connection are as the same defined for DTLS-SRTP in [13].

It should instead read,

  The conditions under which endpoints MUST establish a new DTLS
  connection are the same as defined for DTLS-SRTP in section 6.6 of [13].

If anyone else has comments, please share them now.

Mary, I propose we proceed with the proto writeup based on this version
(12) of the draft and address this issue and any others as part of
addressing your proto writeup. Sound okay?

Cheers,
Charles

On 9/11/15, 3:17 AM, "bfcpbis on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>        Title           : Session Description Protocol (SDP) Format for
>Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) Streams
>_______________________________________________
>bfcpbis mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bfcpbis

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:00:05 +0000

Hi,

>Thank you for submitting this update to the draft. I have reviewed the changes and see that a typo in the changes I proposed were propagated into the draft. Other than that, it looks fine.
>

As I commented some days ago (11th September), I think the draft should refer the new DTLS-SDP draft. That draft will clarify some things regarding the establishment of the DTLS association, and potentially even do some updates to DTLS-SRTP.

Regards,

Christer

On 9/11/15, 3:17 AM, "bfcpbis on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
>submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at 
>tools.ietf.org.
>