Subject: [bfcpbis] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-bfcp-websocket-13.txt> (The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 10:30:01 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Binary Floor Control Protocol
Bis  WG (bfcpbis) to consider the following document:
- 'The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Binary Floor Control
   Protocol (BFCP)'
  <draft-ietf-bfcpbis-bfcp-websocket-13.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way realtime communication between
   clients and servers.  This document specifies a new WebSocket sub-
   protocol as a reliable transport mechanism between Binary Floor
   Control Protocol (BFCP) entities to enable usage of BFCP in new
   scenarios.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-bfcp-websocket/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-bfcp-websocket/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.