Subject: [bfcpbis] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-26: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 07:44:10 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-26: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have one small issue with this document which applies to several sections:

5.2.  SDP 'confid' Attributes

       The Augmented BNF syntax [RFC5234] for the attribute is:

         conference-id = 1*DIGIT

Is there any limit on the maximum allowed value of this attribute?

The same issue in all the following sections where "1*DIGIT" construct is used:

5.3.  SDP 'userid' Attribute

5.4.  SDP 'floorid' Attribute

5.5.  SDP 'bfcpver' Attribute

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:56:32 +0000

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your review and comments.
The maximum value for each of these is determined by the COMMON-HEADER format in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4582bis-16#section-5.1.

Cheers,
Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 3:44 PM
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-26: (with COMMENT)
Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
Resent-To: Charles Eckel <[email-masked]>, Keith Drage <[email-masked]>
Resent-Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 3:44 PM

    

    
    
             conference-id = 1*DIGIT

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:02:12 +0100

Hi Charles,

> On 23 Oct 2018, at 18:56, Charles Eckel (eckelcu) <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Alexey,
> 

I think adding a cross reference would help readers/implementors.

Best Regards,
Alexey

---

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:11:27 +0000

I agree, that is a good suggestion. Thanks!

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM
To: Charles Eckel <[email-masked]>
Cc: The IESG <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-bfcpbis-rfc4583bis-26: (with COMMENT)
Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
Resent-To: Charles Eckel <[email-masked]>, Keith Drage <[email-masked]>
Resent-Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM

    Hi Charles,

    
    Best Regards,
    Alexey