Subject: [Bier] FW: New Version Notification for draft-kumarzheng-bier-ping-01.txt

From: "Nagendra Kumar Nainar (naikumar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 13:26:18 +0000

Hi,

WE submitted a new version with incorporated comments from WG. Please
share your comments.

Regards,
Nagendra

On 7/6/15, 9:12 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-kumarzheng-bier-ping-01.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Nagendra Kumar and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-kumarzheng-bier-ping
>Revision:	01
>Title:		BIER Ping and Trace
>Document date:	2015-07-06
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		25
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kumarzheng-bier-ping-01.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumarzheng-bier-ping/
>Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumarzheng-bier-ping-01
>Diff:           
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kumarzheng-bier-ping-01
>
>Abstract:
>   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is an architecture that
>   provides optimal multicast forwarding through a "BIER domain" without
>   requiring intermediate routers to maintain any multicast related per-
>   flow state.  BIER also does not require any explicit tree-building
>   protocol for its operation.  A multicast data packet enters a BIER
>   domain at a "Bit-Forwarding Ingress Router" (BFIR), and leaves the
>   BIER domain at one or more "Bit-Forwarding Egress Routers" (BFERs).
>   The BFIR router adds a BIER header to the packet.  The BIER header
>   contains a bit-string in which each bit represents exactly one BFER
>   to forward the packet to.  The set of BFERs to which the multicast
>   packet needs to be forwarded is expressed by setting the bits that
>   correspond to those routers in the BIER header.
>
>   This document describes the mechanism and basic BIER OAM packet
>   format that can be used to perform failure detection and isolation on
>   BIER data plane.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>