Subject: [Bier] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 09:42:46 -0700

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-bier-architecture-08
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2017-09-19
IETF LC End Date: 2017-09-20
IESG Telechat date: 2017-09-28

Summary:

This document is Ready. I have reviewed the previous version (07) and the
resulting discussions with the authors and the edits for the current version
(08) addressed most of the issues raised in the previous review. One single
issue remains open, it is minor, and concerns more the charter scope. However,
as it is related to the Experimental status of the document, I am mentioning it
again. I do not believe it was clarified in the revision or the discussions.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

1. As the document is targeting 'Experimental' it would be useful to mention
what is the scope of the experiment. The charter actually says:

' The scope of the experiment will be
documented in the output of the Working Group.'

Would not the Architecture document be the right place for this? If not, is
there another document that deals or is planned to define the scope of the
experiment?

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 12:46:28 -0400

Hi Dan,

> there another document that deals or is planned to define the scope of the

Thanks for the review!  The charter has an item (#9, I believe) for
describing
the results to progress to standards track.

Regards,
Alia

---

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 19:56:37 +0300

Hi Alia,

Yes, I am aware about this. Yet, there is this little sentence in the WG
charter which does not seem to be answered by now :-)

'The scope of the experiment will be documented in the output of the
Working Group.'

Regards,

Dan

---

From: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 10:12:13 -0700

The intent is for the WG to author a results draft with or without
justification for moving the work to Standards track.

Greg