Subject: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 00:36:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Link-State extensions for BIER
        Authors         : Ran Chen
                          Zheng Zhang
                          Vengada Prasad Govindan
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-08-31

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is an architecture that
   provides optimal multicast forwarding through a "BIER domain" without
   requiring intermediate routers to maintain any multicast related per-
   flow state.  BIER also does not require any explicit tree-building
   protocol for its operation.  A multicast data packet enters a BIER
   domain at a "Bit-Forwarding Ingress Router" (BFIR), and leaves the
   BIER domain at one or more "Bit-Forwarding Egress Routers" (BFERs).
   The BFIR router adds a BIER header to the packet.  The BIER header
   contains a bitstring in which each bit represents exactly one BFER to
   forward the packet to.  The set of BFERs to which the multicast
   packet needs to be forwarded is expressed by setting the bits that
   correspond to those routers in the BIER header.

   This document specifies extensions to the BGP Link-state address-
   family in order to advertising BIER information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-bgp-ls-bier-ext-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/