Subject: [Bier] PoC for tunnel-based BIER-FRR & comparison of alternatives

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:07:06 +0100

Hi all,

I'd like to inform you that our experimental work on bier-frr is now
published in IEEE Access:
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=9361548

It documents the implementation and evaluation of a bier prototype
including (tunnel-based) bier-frr on the P4-programmable ASIC Tofino.
The work is based on the draft
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-merling-bier-frr-00 which we
presented two years ago.

Some time ago, we published a comparison between tunnel-based
bier-frr (leverages frr of the underlay) and "native frr on the bier layer":
https://atlas.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/~menth/papers/Menth20c.pdf

Regards

Michael

-- 
Prof. Dr. habil. Michael Menth
University of Tuebingen
Faculty of Science
Department of Computer Science
Chair of Communication Networks
Sand 13, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
phone: (+49)-7071/29-70505
fax: (+49)-7071/29-5220
mailto:[email-masked]
http://kn.inf.uni-tuebingen.de