Subject: Re: [Bier] I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-bar-ipa-10.txt

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 12:39:30 -0800

Jeffrey:

Hi!

We're almost there -- I have some suggestions for §2 -- mostly reordering
and simplifying:

OLD>
   The definition for the BAR and IPA fields in [RFC8401] and [RFC8441]
   are updated as following.

   ...

   When a BAR value is defined in a RFC or used in a deployment, the
   corresponding BA and BC semantics SHOULD be specified in the RFC or
   for the deployment.  For an IGP Algorithm to be used as a BIER IPA,
   its RA and RC semantics SHOULD be specified in a RFC or for the
   deployment.

   If a BAR value is not specified in a RFC but only privately used for
   a deployment, it MUST be within the "240-254 Experimental Use" range
   of the registry.

   None of the components of the BAR or IPA can be unknown.  If any of
   the components is not specified, it is interpreted as "NULL"
   algorithm or constraint.  For example, the IGP Algorithm 0 defined in
   [RFC8665] is treated as having a NULL RC, i.e., no constraints.

NEW>
   The definition for the BAR and IPA fields in [RFC8401] and [RFC8441]
   are updated as follows.

   ...

   When a new BAR value is defined, the corresponding BA and BC semantics
   SHOULD be specified.  For an IGP Algorithm to be used as a BIER IPA,
   its RA and RC semantics SHOULD be specified.

   None of the components of the BAR or IPA can be unknown.  If any of
   the components is not specified, it is interpreted as a "NULL"
   algorithm or constraint.  For example, the IGP Algorithm 0 defined in
   [RFC8665] is treated as having a NULL RC, i.e., no constraints.

   If a BAR value is not specified in a RFC but only privately used for
   a deployment, it MUST be within the "240-254 Experimental Use" range
   of the registry.

I am going to start the IETF Last Call.  Please submit these changes when
the window opens on Mar/21.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On February 1, 2022 at 11:02:36 AM, [email-masked] (
[email-masked]) wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the
IETF.

Title : BIER Underlay Path Calculation Algorithm and Constraints
Authors : Zhaohui Zhang
Antoni Przygienda
Andrew Dolganow
Hooman Bidgoli
IJsbrand Wijnands
Arkadiy Gulko
Filename : draft-ietf-bier-bar-ipa-10.txt
Pages : 6
Date : 2022-02-01

Abstract:
This document specifies general rules for the interaction between the
BIER Algorithm (BAR) and the IGP Algorithm (IPA) used for underlay
path calculation. The semantics defined in this document update
RFC8401 and RFC8444.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-bar-ipa/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-bar-ipa-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-bar-ipa-10

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt