Subject: [Bimi] Verified Mark Certificates Proposal: A Security Perspective draft

From: Wei Chuang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:53:20 -0700

Hi folks,

The VMC Proposal draft
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives-00>
is a companion to the BIMI overview draft
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bkl-bimi-overview-00> posted by John
Levine, but much more focused on the design rationale for the current
BIMI/VMC certificate approach.  It also is meant to provide context and
pointers out to various BIMI drafts given a security sensitive
perspective.   Like the overview draft, this is meant to help set up the
Prague BIMI BoF.  We welcome your feedback.

-Wei

---------- Forwarded message ---------
*From: *<[email-masked]>
*Date: *Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM
*Subject: *New Version Notification for
draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives-00.txt
*To: *Thede Loder <[email-masked]>, Weihaw Chuang <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Weihaw Chuang and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives
Revision:       00
Title:          Verified Mark Certificates Proposal: A Security Perspective
Document date:  2019-03-11
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          18
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chuang-ietf-bimi-security-perspectives

Abstract:
   This document motivates the need for embedding logotypes in X.509
   certificates along with the certificate validation process from a
   security perspective.