Subject: [BLISS] Call Park/Retrieve

From: "Michael Procter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 03:03:02 -0800

I have just submitted an Internet-Draft concerning call park/retrieve.
It is actually a draft I wrote almost 3 years ago, but which sank
without trace.  Given the BLISS charter, I think that it may be time to
revisit it.

Until it appears, you can see the original one at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-procter-sipping-call-park-extension-00
(The new version only updates the dates and references and the like).

The draft documents a real problem associated with parking calls in a
multi-vendor environment.  The solution is based upon the
service-examples document and is workable, although refinements are
clearly possible.

I'd be interested to hear comments on the draft, both the scope of the
problem and the approach taken.  I'd also be interested in how other
people have solved this problem, or even if they have avoided it
entirely.

Regards,

Michael Procter

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: "Kucmerowski, Dennis \(Com US\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:37:13 -0800

Dale,

In the non-SIP world yes.  Siemens supports this form of operation for
Park to Server.  The user requests to park the call via a park request.
The user at the endpoint receives indication of what park slot the call
was parked in.

Best Regards,
 
Dennis L. Kucmerowski 

561-923-1703
Systems Engineering

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [BLISS] Call Park/Retrieve

   From: "Kucmerowski, Dennis \(Com US\)"
<[email-masked]>

   Enhanced feature Park to Server operation should allow the user to
   request the server to park a call and the server should allocate the
   first available park orbit.  The response could be given to the user
in
   two forms: announcement and additional information i.e.., park orbit
   number given back to the end user. 

Do you know of any implementations of this scheme?

Dale