Subject: [BLISS] I-D on implementing GRUU

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:21:46 -0500

I've updated an Internet-Draft giving condensed instructions for UA
implementors on how to implement GRUU support.  (This is updated for
version -11 of the GRUU I-D, but it only discusses "public GRUUs",
which is what we need for our environment.)  In our product's
environment (a "true SIP", proxy-based PBX), we've found that to do
call control well, the UAs need to implement (public) GRUU.  This I-D
summarizes what UAs need to do

   Guidelines for Implementing the GRUU Support in User Agents
   draft-worley-sip-gruu-implement-02

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-worley-sip-gruu-implement-02.txt

   Abstract

   Several applications of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) require
   a user agent (UA) to construct and distribute a URI which can be used
   by anyone on the Internet to route a request to that specific UA
   instance.  A URI which routes to a specific UA instance is called a
   Globally Routable UA URI (GRUU).  An Internet-Draft is progressing
   toward standardization that specifies procedures for proxies and UAs
   by which proxies can construct and delver GRUUs to UAs that request
   them.  This document summarizes for UA implementors how to obtain
   "public" GRUUs and gives guidance on effectively using public GRUUs.

Feel free to contact me with any comments.

Dale

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss