Subject: [BLISS] Comments on draft-johnston-bliss-mla-req-00.txt

From: "Xavier Marjou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:02:56 +0200

Hi,

With regards to usage scenario 1, the executive probably wants to keep
its own "line" private in order that the caller does not learn a way
to join him directly. I understand this is covered by REQ-13. However
in Section 5, it seems to me that privacy is not entirely covered. For
example, if an INVITE from a caller finally arrives at the executive
UA, the Contact of 200 returned by the executive UA to the caller
would indicate a way to directy reach his "line".

Concerning the "Implementation Options" section, I'd suggest to
indicate an authentication step during the registration (step 3) so
that any UA (i.e. a UA external to the group) can not join the group.

Cheers,
Xavier

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:05:24 -0400

> would indicate a way to directy reach his "line".

Interesting problem. The contact probably does need to address him 
directly for some features to work (e.g. another transfer).

A temporary GRUU would do the job here. With that, the caller could in 
principle call him back directly using that URI until/unless the 
executive forces temp gruus to be invalidated.

	Paul

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:07:18 -0500

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your comments on the draft - see mine below.

Thanks,
Alan

> executive forces temp gruus to be invalidated.
I agree with Paul that a temporary GRUU would be a good idea here.  We 
will add some text discussing this.

>> that any UA (i.e. a UA external to the group) can not join the group.
Agree that authentication is important and should be mentioned.