Subject: Re: [BLISS] Call completion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:15:37 -0500

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>

   Note it is the act of being busy that can be used to infer presence, and 
   the act of becoming unbusy that is assumed to indicate availability for 
   a call completion. This is a very poor means of determining presence, 
   since the callee could be sitting beside the phone for hours without 
   being involved in a call. If some other means of determining presence is 
   available, one would hope it would be used.

   Its also not entirely reasonable to assume that being busy implies not 
   being available for call completion. With multiple lines, or call 
   waiting, it may be possible to take a call completion even when busy. 
   This is again an issue of presence - another means of determining 
   availability could override this inference.

All of this implies that what we really want to watch for is the
presence state "callee is available to receive a call", which is best
judged by the callee's monitor.

The protocol implementation is that CCBS and CCNR should not be
distinguished, other than possibly as information carried in the
monitor, to be used in trying to determine "callee is available to
receive a call".  That is, CCBS and CCNR are not distinguishable at
the caller's ends.

Dale

_______________________________________________
BLISS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/bliss

---

From: "Huelsemann, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:31:22 +0100

On the protocol level the procedures for CCBS and CCNR are the same, the user experience probably will differ a littlebit, for example if you hear a ringing tone or a busy tone before activating CC.

I agree that it is best judged by the monitor when the condition is reached that the callee is available for the call, so that we don't need to define the criteria for that. 

BR, Martin

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Gesendet: Montag, 12. November 2007 00:16
> An: [email-masked]
> Betreff: Re: [BLISS] Call completion
> 
> 
>